Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3-1/2 weeks

Well fellow bloggers Kohlton is doing well and growing stronger every day!  His Dad and I have been learning how to help him transfer from bed to chair and back again.  It's really hard to let Kohlton do all the work and just be there to guide him. (You know parents - always wanting to take control.)  Yesterday in physical therapy Kohlton was able to sit up by himself for 2 minutes!  Also clapping and tossing a ball while sitting on his own all the while smiling!  (I think he's just trying to impress the therapist!)  He tried out his manual wheelchair, but they need to make some modifications so it fits better. Our conference today went well and we are on target for discharge on October 18th. 

Thanks again for all the prayers and visits!  Keep `em coming!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kohlton, glad to hear you're getting better. I'm likely to have a birthday party on Oct. 20 or 21, and want to include you in that.

    My house is not currently wheelchair-accessible but I wasn't really planning on having the event there anyway. I'd rather set this at a restaurant, though which one is still TBD.

    ReplyDelete